Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Inspiration?



This is just a something I noticed today. The first is an image that appears in Kate Spade's 2009 desk calendar. It looked very familiar to me, then I remembered I'd seen a very similar illustration that Penelope Dullaghan did. The second image of the bride diving into flowers is hers. She is an amazingly multi-talented artist/illustrator/blogger/so much more. I've been reading her blog for a while and she is so honest about herself and the blocks we creative types sometimes go through. She moved recently with her husband to Indiana to be near her brother and help her sister-in-law while she battles cancer. Wow, she is an inspiration to me.

Anyway, I can’t help but think she must have been an inspiration to Kate Spade. What do you think? Is it just me?

(Kate Spade image is screen-grabbed from fredflare.com)
(Penelope’s image is screen-grabbed from penelopeillustration.com)

No comments: