Monday, February 15, 2010

news print: books in b&W

The Tin Drum: (review)

The Museum of Innocence: (review)

The Children's Book: (review)

These are three book illustrations done by me before I went on maternity leave. They were all so different, but all fun to execute in their own way. Designing the damask pattern for The Children's Book illustration was a blast. It almost made me want to design wall paper!
All three illustrations started out in Macromedia Freehand and ended up in Photoshop. I know, I know, I should be switching to Illustrator - someday! I still love my Freehand and only work in Illustrator when I have too. For those of you that don't know, Adobe bought the program Freehand a while back and refuse to update it anymore. They would like everyone to work in Adobe Illustrator. I like Illustrator, I just can't let go of my first love. I keep going back - it's comfortable. On that note, I hope everyone had a comfortable Valentine's Day!

No comments: