Friday, May 21, 2010

Angie Lewin {illo inspiration}





I ran across the book above "Natural Garden Style" illustrated by Angie Lewin when I popped into Solo {Solana Beach} this week. I went in to buy a birthday card for my sister who is turning 30 today - Happy Birthday, Nat. Anyway, I love her block-print style so much that I wanted to share it here. The second image of the coastal grass, ocean and rocks reminds me of our current garden project. We are changing our large beds to succulent plants to save water and we've been putting rocks in wavy patterns between the plants to fill in the empty space. It is looking super cool. I'll take some pics soon to share.

On another note, I recently started another blog called Illo Inspiration where I was posting art from random artists with no blog message to go with them. It was more like a reference file for myself. But I've decided to merge the two here. This blog is about illustration AND letterpress anyway. I'm hoping you'll enjoy browsing the mini galleries of inspirational work as well.

all images belong to artist {Angie Lewin}