Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Recent work {illustration wednesday}

This was a tabloid cover illustration on comedy clubs in the San Diego area. I was very pleased with the concept. So pleased, in fact, that when I started working on it I ran into trouble. I couldn't see how to keep it simple and give it texture and interest at the same time. It wasn't until I thought of it as a screen-print that I was able to pull it off. Whew!
{By the way, do you see the laughing face in the cord of the microphone? Just making sure!}
This illustration ran with a story on the division of chores in the household. The clever hedline says "Are you losing the chore wars." This story definitely hit home with my husband and me. He joked the other day that he could show me how to turn the vacuum on if I wanted. Whatever! (okay, maybe I could do more around the house - don't tell my husband!) My favorite statistic from the story said that around 60% of men actually prefer to do the cooking. Nice!
This last illo was for a story on damaging your vocal chords from over use - specifically in teachers. This is important in my family because all four of my sisters taught at one time and my father is a retired high-school teacher. I loved the erased look of the sound bubble - I used the smudge tool in Photoshop to get it. The smudge tool is a very under-used tool in my toolbox. That may change.

{all illustrations by Cristina Martinez Byvik - for the San Diego Union-Tribune}

3 comments:

Qing Cai said...

los angeles lakers jerseys
cheap oakley sunglasses
insanity workout
burberry outlet
valentino outlet
nike roshe
tods outlet
ralph lauren polo shirts
calvin klein underwear
calvin klein outlet
celine outlet online
rolex watches
barcelona jersey
gucci
kate spade outlet
true religion jeans
salomon shoes
adidas outlet
michael kors outlet online, http://www.michaelkors-outlets.us.com
christian louboutin outlet
prada shoes
coach handbags
louis vuitton outlet store
oakley outlet
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
nike free 5.0
louis vuitton handbags
air jordan shoes
miami dolphins jerseys
ugg boots
cai2015820

柯云 said...

2016-07-13keyun
ray bans
michael kors outlet
adidas wings
cheap oakley sunglasses
true religion jeans
michael kors outlet online
christian louboutin sale
lebron 12
oakley sunglasses
christian louboutin outlet
louis vuitton purses
coach factory outlet online
ray bans
air jordan shoes
cheap louis vuitton handbags
gucci outlet online
michael kors outlet clearance
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
instyler
nike roshe run mens
cheap oakleys
coach outlet store online
nike sb janoski
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ray ban outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
toms shoes outlet
ray ban outlet
coach outlet online
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet online
coach outlet
true religion outlet store
adidas yeezy
cheap jordans
nfl jerseys
nike sb dunks

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

coach factory outlet
air jordans
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
discount jordans
polo ralph lauren outlet
ray ban sunglasses
ray bans
louis vuitton outlet
oakley outlet
cheap jordan shoes
nike air max 90
tory burch boots
true religion jeans
celine outlet
oakley vault
fitflop sale
coach outlet store online
true religion jeans
ray ban sunglasses outlet
kate spade outlet
louboutin shoes
louis vuitton purses
louis vuitton purses
kate spade outlet
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet store online clearances
cheap jordans
michael kors outlet
chenyingying2016719