Friday, October 21, 2011

Type Drawer Shelf {letterpress}





My husband and I went to the L.A. Printers Fair at the International Printing Museum in Carson, CA a few weeks ago. It was so much fun looking at all letterpress printed goodies, meeting other printers, and drooling over the old platen presses and paper cutters. There was wood type and metal type galore, and anything else letterpress you can think of. We picked up a type drawer for $5 thinking we could use if for something - not type, since we mostly use photo-polymer plates for our printing. I power-washed the drawer with our hose and let it dry in the sun completely. Then I sprayed it with multiple coats of clear semi-gloss spray paint, added some picture hangers to the back and hung it toddler-high for hours of entertainment for our little guy. I can't help but smile every time I pass it. I also can't help trying to find more goodies to stuff into the little spaces. Too much cuteness all around!  -Happy weekend!

3 comments:

jennie : the white barn said...

What a fabulous idea...we had a drawer as a kid that hung in our house with all sorts of treasures on display...I love the easy accessibility for those little hands, so clever!

byvik ink said...

Thanks, Jennie! I am beginning to wonder if I enjoy playing with it more. I do love watching those little fingers maneuver the little objects into position.

Ani L. Arambula said...

Awesome!