Friday, October 5, 2012

Kids are Free {illustration}







Our weekend tabloid got a new logo and look this week and I got to illustrate the cover - it was on Kids Free Month. During the month of October, kids get in free to all sorts of places in San Diego (see illustration.) I also took this opportunity to post some other covers that ran over the last couple of months. The cover with the layers of sand is not really an illustration, but I came up with the concept and drove all around San Diego County collecting ziploc bags of sand - so it is still my baby. K.C. Alfred took the photo - thanks, KC! While we are on the subject of weekends, hope you all have a great one!

Designers: Child's Play cover by Tara Stone; The Amazing Race, Explore the Shore and Sounds of Summer by Chris Barber; Setting the Table by Beto Alvarez (Illustrations by me!)

No comments: