Friday, February 14, 2014

Winning! {illustration}


It is unbelievable, but I have won an SND (Society of News Design) Award of Excellence in the category of Illustration Portfolio, a very hard category to win. The portfolio above is what we entered. The "Twist of Fate" and "A Different Direction" illustrations also won on their own for single illustrations and again for page design - they were both designed by Gloria Orbegozo. The U-T San Diego won a total of 15 awards this year. First of all, I would like to thank the cast and crew...just kidding, but, in truth, I could not have won without the awesome crew of designers, art directors and co-workers that help me brainstorm and fine-tune my work. You know who you are! As a newspaper illustrator, this was the highest award I could have reached for. My work is done! My bragging session is over too!

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

3 comments:

Lucy's loyal sidekick said...

Excellent work, and a well-deserved honor yo!

Felicia Mendenhall said...

You deserve it! You're the best!

b&t blog said...

your work is AMAZING! so glad i found you and look forward to working with you and byvik ink!